- What should I do to receive drugs prescribed by my doctor when I go to fetch them from the pharmacy?
You must hand your pharmacist the medical prescription accompanied by your insurance card. Your pharmacist will then send us his bill.
- I cannot take generic or original drugs subject to a 20% co-insurance amount for medical reasons. I am therefore obliged to continue my treatment with this drug. Must I pay a 20% contribution instead of 10%?
No, if medical reasons prevent substitution for an original drug, the doctor must state on his prescription “no substitution for this drug".
- What must I do when I have to obtain drugs following an accident?
If you have an employer, you must ask him to let you have the accident form which will then be forwarded to the pharmacy with the medical prescription. If you do not have an employer, you must simply produce your insurance card and the medical prescription. Your pharmacist will send the invoice on to your accident insurer.
- What must I do to obtain the reimbursement of drugs for which I have made a direct payment to the pharmacy?
You must send us the original prescription with the pharmacist’s cash receipt. Please also add your surname, forename, date of birth and AVS/AHV number in a clearly legible manner. On receipt, we will examine whether the prescribed drugs are eligible for reimbursement and send you a statement showing the amount of our contribution.
- My pharmacist has asked me to pay for a drug directly on the grounds that it is not eligible for any refund. Is that true?
Yes, that information is correct. A drug figuring on the LPPA (List of Pharmaceutical Products for special Application) list is not refunded by the compulsory health insurance or by the supplemental insurance plans because these products are on open sale in any retail outlet. Their purpose is to increase general wellbeing. For example, they are cosmetic, food and dietary products, artificial sweeteners, tobacco and spirits, mineral waters, combined nutritional products, complementary diets or other liquid preparations.