- Academic Care provides coverage in the event of illness, accident and maternity along similar lines to the coverage provided by compulsory insurance as stipulated by the Swiss Federal Law on Compulsory Health Insurance (LAMal/KVG).
- It includes legal protection in the event of medical error and a death benefit.
- Policyholders can choose between three deductibles: CHF 0, CHF 100 or CHF 500.
It can be offered by:
- private schools (school establishments, universities and graduate schools, etc.) in the form of a framework contract on behalf of pupils/students;
- international students coming to Switzerland to study in a public educational establishment, who are not required to take out compulsory insurance as stipulated by LAMal/KVG.
- It can be taken out up to the age of 40.
- It can be combined with our Global School supplemental health insurance, which extends the coverage provided by Academic Care.