Pursuant to Swiss Federal Law (Article 5b LFLP/FZG), the insured person may demand payment in cash of their termination benefits when they become self-employed, and when they are therefore no longer obliged to be insured through the LPP/BVG scheme.
The person must:
- supply to their pension institution the documentary evidence of them starting self-employment (renting of premises, purchase of equipment, certificate from the AVS (old-age and survivors pension insurance scheme), registration in the trade register, etc.)
- request the payout of their benefits during the year following the start of their self-employed activity as their main activity
The following document(s) should be enclosed with your request, depending on your civil status:
- if you are single, a recent civil status certificate
- if you are divorced, a recent civil status certificate and a copy of the divorce judgment
- if you are married, the officially legalised signature of your spouse (municipality, notary, Groupe Mutuel branch)