The “all in one” solution for the self-employed

As a self-employed person, you are not covered for loss of earnings due to accident or illness, death or disability. Challenge insurance fills these gaps by combining three coverages: daily allowance, life insurance and retirement savings. Discover Challenge, the “all in one” solution for the self-employed


  • Challenge combines three coverages within one single product:
    • daily allowance insurance in the event of illness or accident
    • life insurance against death and/or disability risks
    • a savings supplement for your retirement
  • The insurance pays:
    • the insured daily allowance, and thus makes up for the loss of earnings due to incapacity for work, until the start of the AI/IV pension
    • the disability pension agreed upon in the event of disability
    • the defined death lump-sum amount in the event of death
    • the capital accumulated at the time of retirement
Challenge: three coverages (loss of earnings, life insurance and retirement savings) according to three levels of benefits
Challenge daily allowance covers loss of earnings in the event of incapacity for work.
  • Simplicity: you bring together all your insurances with one single insurer for coordinated and optimized benefits.
  • Flexibility: you define the level of benefits in relation to your safety objectives and budget.
  • Savings: you are saving for your retirement.
  • Security: you protect yourself and your family from the financial consequences of incapacity for work, disability or death.

Request a personalised offer online

  • Use the corporate online offers system to send us your information, without any obligation on your part. Once assessed, we will be able to send you a personalised offer.

  • Request an offer online
Request advice
  • By phone

  • 0848 803 777
    08.00 – 12.00
    13.30 – 17.00
    On the Swiss landline network: national rate / On the Swiss mobile network: according to your mobile network operator

  • Meet an adviser

  • Form to request a contact

Frequently asked questions

Your overall situation remains unchanged, but you must:

  • Inform your loss of income insurer directly about your incapacity for work (it is no longer your employer’s responsibility).
  • Inform the insurer of any change in your personal circumstances (unemployment, new employer, disability, change of address, of income, etc.).

You should immediately inform your line manager or your human resources department. They will then inform your insurer. Doing so quickly will prevent you being sent service provider invoices to your home.

Pursuant to Swiss Federal Law (Article 5b LFLP/FZG), the insured person may demand payment in cash of their termination benefits when they become self-employed, and when they are therefore no longer obliged to be insured through the LPP/BVG scheme.

The person must:
- supply to their pension institution the documentary evidence of them starting self-employment (renting of premises, purchase of equipment, certificate from the AVS (old-age and survivors pension insurance scheme), registration in the trade register, etc.)
- request the payout of their benefits during the year following the start of their self-employed activity as their main activity

The following document(s) should be enclosed with your request, depending on your civil status:

  • if you are single, a recent civil status certificate
  • if you are divorced, a recent civil status certificate and a copy of the divorce judgment
  • if you are married, the officially legalised signature of your spouse (municipality, notary, Groupe Mutuel branch)
See all FAQs
Groupe Mutuel

Rue des Cèdres 5 Case postale, 1919 Martigny    |    +41 0848.803.111