What coverage does maternity insurance offer during pregnancy in Switzerland?
Basic health insurance covers the following care:
- Check-ups by a doctor: seven check-ups and two ultrasound scans during a pregnancy without complications.
- Supplemental check-ups and ultrasound scans during a high-risk pregnancy.
- Amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling for pregnant women over 35 or younger women with a comparable risk.
- Blood tests for detecting chromosomal anomalies if testing reveals an increased risk of Down syndrome.
- Contribution of CHF 150 towards an individual or group prenatal class given by a midwife.