The insured person’s contribution to costs. Through the deductible, the insured pays a portion of the costs incurred by himself. In return, he can benefit from a premium reduction.
The ordinary deductible of CHF 300/year for adults (CHF 0 for children) is the minimum amount that must be paid out of pocket by all insured members.
Amount of optional deductibles
- Adults: CHF 500, CHF 1,000, CHF 1,500, CHF 2,000, CHF 2,500 per year.
- Children: CHF 100, CHF 200, CHF 300, CHF 400, CHF 500, CHF 600 per year
- 10% contribution (20% for some original drugs) towards the costs of medical care exceeding the amount of the deductible.
- The law sets the maximum cost-sharing amount at CHF 700 for adults (CHF 350 for children).
- Amount of CHF 15 per day that you must pay when staying in hospital.