How to notify a death?
1. Indicate the deceased person’s Old Age and Survivors’ Insurance (AVS/AHV) number.
2. List the insurance policies for which the deceased was a policyholder or covered by, indicating the policy numbers:
- standard health insurance
- supplemental health insurance
- daily allowance insurance
- life insurance
- liability insurance, household insurance, legal protection insurance
- occupational benefits insurance (pension fund)
3. Complete in full the Form for your requests - Notifying a death below.
4. Indicate the bank or postal details for the payment of benefits to the beneficiaries.
5. Attach the required documents to the form:
- Updated family record book
- Death certificate
- Official list of heirs
- Apprenticeship contract or school certificate for orphans over 18
- For divorcees, copy of divorce judgment