I need to notify the death of a relative

Steps to take as regards your insurance

You have recently lost a relative. Please accept our condolences.

You now need to settle all the insurance matters, i.e. notify the death in order to

  • terminate the insurance and suspend the premiums;
  • request the payment of pensions and capital payments to any beneficiaries.
How to notify a death?

1. Indicate the deceased person’s Old Age and Survivors’ Insurance (AVS/AHV) number.

2. List the insurance policies for which the deceased was a policyholder or covered by, indicating the policy numbers:

  • standard health insurance
  • supplemental health insurance
  • daily allowance insurance
  • life insurance
  • liability insurance, household insurance, legal protection insurance
  • occupational benefits insurance (pension fund)

3. Complete in full the Form for your requests - Notifying a death below.

4. Indicate the bank or postal details for the payment of benefits to the beneficiaries.

5. Attach the required documents to the form:

  • Updated family record book
  • Death certificate
  • Official list of heirs
  • Apprenticeship contract or school certificate for orphans over 18
  • For divorcees, copy of divorce judgment

Notifying a death

Groupe Mutuel

Rue des Cèdres 5 Case postale, 1919 Martigny    |    +41 0848.803.111