What information do I need to send?
1. Indicate the deceased person’s Old Age and Survivors’ Insurance (AVS/AHV) number.
2. List the insurance policies for which the deceased was a policyholder or covered by, indicating the policy numbers:
- basic health insurance
- supplemental health insurance
- daily allowance insurance
- life insurance
- personal liability insurance, household contents’ insurance, legal protection insurance
- occupational benefits insurance (pension fund)
3. Please complete the Request form - Notifying a death.
4. Indicate the bank or postal details for the payment of any benefits to beneficiaries.
5. Attach the requested documents:
- Updated family record book
- Death certificate
- Official list of heirs
- Apprenticeship contract or school certificate for orphans over 18
- In the event of divorce, a copy of the judgment
If you need help, you can download our practical guide on the insurance-related measures to be taken in the event of the death of a relative.