How do I insure my baby?
Basic health insurance is mandatory for all Swiss residents, including newborn babies. If you haven’t already found a policy during pregnancy, you will need to do so before the baby is three months old.
Although supplemental health insurance is optional, it allows you to cover specific maternity needs, including:
- Osteopathy sessions to help recover after childbirth.
- Physiotherapy sessions, which some parents find helpful for babies with colic.
- A single room in a private ward for you and your baby in the event of a hospital stay.
- Your choice of doctor, clinic or specialist if there are any health problems.
- Healthcare coverage abroad for your holidays.